Islamic Relief Pakistan collaborated with the government to campaign against climate change.
Under our Voices Organized for Climate Change Advocacy and Lobbying (VOCAL) project organized a four day climate change awareness campaign.
This was done in collaboration with several government departments and civil society organisations, pledges were made to help mitigate the impacts of climate change and protect the environment.
The campaign was endorsed and signed by:
- The Honourable Prime Minister of Azad and Jammu Kashmir Raja Farooq Haider,
- The Minister for Tourism and Information, Mushtaq Ahmed Minhas,
- The Minister for Social Welfare and Women’s Development, Noreen Arif,
- Ex-chairman Capital Development Authority Islamabad, Kamran Lashari,
- Secretary for Tourism, Information and IT, Midhat Shahzad,
- Director General of Small Industries, Javed Ayub,
- and Deputy Commissioner Bagh Sardar, Abdul Waheed Khan.
A large number of people from a variety of backgrounds were present and pledged their commitments to protect the environment.
Raja Farooq Haider, commended our work in alleviating poverty, raising awareness of climate change, and praised our humanitarian work throughout Pakistan and Azad and Jammu Kashmir.