Islamic Relief Pakistan is seeking enthusiastic, highly-motivated, dynamic Interns who believe in our mission and share our values to maintain the excellence for which we strive. Through the Internships Scheme we hope to attract and train the next generation of inspired humanitarians who can perform in a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
It’s a regular programme of Islamic Relief Pakistan in which interns are inducted in different departments for three months. Islamic Relief Pakistan runs 3 batches on annual basis in which sufficient numbers of candidates are provided internship opportunity through fair & open recruitment process.
Upon completion, applicants will be equipped to pursue a career within the Humanitarian/Development Sector. Islamic Relief’s Internship Programme is an opportunity for graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to undergo work experience within a truly global humanitarian organization.
With a combination of work assignments and practical experience, the roles are designed to give you a through insight and an understanding in a variety of functions, including Programme, MEAL, Advocacy/Communications/Media, Programme Funding & Resource Mobilization Unit, Human Resources, Finance, Supply chain & Services, Audit, Child Welfare, Microfinance, Area Programme including Rawalpindi, AJK, Thatta (Sindh), Mardan (KP), Baluchistan (Quetta, Noshki, Chaghi) etc) according to his/her area of interest and assessment/evaluation results.
1. Passionate about serving the needs of the most vulnerable people on this planet and want to explore what it means to work in the Humanitarian Sector
2. Highly-motivated, dynamic with strong communications skills and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
3. A fresh graduate or post graduate (Bachelor/Master) degree holders
4. Entry level candidates having internship/volunteer-ship or job experience less than 6 months.
5. An understanding of humanitarian and development work
6. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
7. Proactive and able to use initiative to get things done and priorities his or her work
8. Strong written communication skills with high attention to detail
9. Committed to learning and fulfilling the Internships Scheme
10. Committed to Islamic Relief faith inspired values and core humanitarian principles
11. Able to travel to the field if required for up to 4 weeks in challenging environments (All expenses will be paid)
If you are a recent graduate wanting to start your career in the humanitarian sector, willing to learn, positive, inquisitive and can commit to a three months internship in Islamic Relief then we want to hear from you.